1. What was your inspiration behind starting 3rd Ritual and what are some of your goals for this year?
3rd Ritual is shaped by Taoist, yogic and design philosophies. Our goal is to make meaning from the ordinary.
2. Where does the name come from?
We chose "3rd" because from sacred geometry to mythology, the number three has great significance. Three is the division of time (past, present, and future), the Holy Trinity, the triangle; and in many cultures, ritual actions are performed three times. And "ritual" as in sacred, repetition, and process.
3. From your experience so far, what advice would you have for other female founders?
To hold your intention close, define success by your own terms, and remember that ultimately you've entered a marathon not a sprint.
4. What does a typical day look like for you?
One of my favorite things about my setup is that there is no average day. Regardless of what I have on my plate I always try to begin with meditation and a few yoga poses to help ground myself and establish an intention before the to-do list takes over. Some days are spent filling orders, working on new products or teaching at the studio - although it's a work in progress, I'm constantly striving to practice what I preach by staying mindful of my intention regardless of the task at hand.
5. Favorite place you've ever been?